Book Baskets is enormously grateful to all the many local schools, churches, businesses, and service organizations who have generously organized book drives to help children in our community. Below is a list of some of our most recent generous donors:
- The National Honor Society at Monticello High School
- Zion Union Baptist Church (Charlottesville)
- Meriwether Lewis Elementary School
- The Village School
- Pediatric Associates of Charlottesville
- The APO Service Fraternity at UVA
- Leadership Classes (with help from the National English Honor Society) at Western Albemarle High School (article here)
- Park Street Christian Preschool
- Moms International
- The International School of Charlottesville
- Hairsmith & Co.
- Northridge Internal Medicine
- MOMS Club of Charlottesville
How to Run a Book Drive for Book Baskets
First of all, thank you for helping children in our area who have few books at home! We
appreciate your generosity. If you would like to conduct a book drive to benefit Book
Baskets, please contact our coordinator, Jenny Greyson, at email@example.com.
1. Decide on dates for the book drive. We recommend a span of only a few weeks.
2. Get baskets, posters, and fliers from Book Baskets.
3. Hand out and/or send out fliers electronically a few days before the drive begins.
4. Leave the baskets and posters in high visibility locations during the drive (the lobby?).
5. Post and announce the numbers of books received frequently—either daily or weekly.
6. Have a competition between groups for the number of book donations (optional).
7. Remind participants shortly before the drive ends. Add boxes for overflow books.
8. After the drive ends, discard books that are worn, yellowed, written on, torn, or
9. Arrange a time for Book Baskets to come pick up your books and take photos.
10. Send out an announcement of the number of books collected and congratulate all
who participated for their generosity!